“Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.” -Tony Robbins
Happy New Year!! And wasn’t 2020 something?! I am looking forward to 2021 with fresh and new beliefs. I love the Tony Robbins’ quote noted above because I believe our beliefs dictate our reality including the reality regarding our finances.
There are beliefs that will speed you along the path to financial independence. These positive habits make it easier to have a positive financial future.
Here are beliefs can make you help you along your way to financial independence:
- Money results from providing value to the world. It does not matter how smart or educated you are. It does not matter what you look like. The universe is not out to get you. If you provide value and charge people for it, you will receive a corresponding level of money.
- Money provides freedom and choice. Money is great for solving problems and providing you with options. Maybe money cannot buy you love, but enough of it can fix a bad transmission, buy a ticket to Fiji, or allow you to play golf all day instead of working.
- I can help others with my money. After your own needs have been tended to, you have the ability to help others with their challenges or assist them in attaining their goals.
- My financial freedom will happen when I have effective beliefs, thoughts, and habits. It is not necessary to do anything spectacular. Simple actions, taken on a regular basis, will result in great wealth. But it all starts with your beliefs.
- Saving money is easy and enjoyable. How would your savings activities change if you believed this?
- A budget is easy to create and follow. If you cannot seem to create or stick with a budget, this belief will help.
- I only buy things I need. How would your bank account look if you lived this belief?
There are numerous others, but you get the idea. Do you have more positive or negative beliefs about money? Can you see how your beliefs about money are affecting your financial situation?
If you want to enhance your finances, eliminating negative beliefs and replacing them with positive beliefs is an effective plan of attack.